Josh Journal - 8 months
I'm a bit late on my journal for 8 months...apologies.
I can't be possible, but I love him even more than I did last month. He is just such a good, down to earth baby. So happy and so inquisitive. You can see in his face his eagerness of exploring everything. Such a smart kid!
The little guy is so fast! If you blink he's across the room. If you turn your head to look at something, before you know it he is across the apartment. It is crazy how fast he is! We are continuously baby proofing everything. Once we think things are OK in the kitchen, he starts getting into the recycles. Then Isis's food. Then the trash can (gross). We are going to invest in one of those nice stainless steel trash cans with the lid/foot pedal thingies.
He is starting to wave. It is so cute, he'll just wave and wave at nobody, but when we want him to wave to us he'll just sit there and stare at us. Hee Hee. He will also spontaniously clap. I sometimes have little jam sessions with the boys, and we get out all of Colin's instruments. Josh loves drums and his xylophone. He knows exactly how to use the stick to hit the instrument! What a smartie!
He is walking around furniture while holding on. He is so far ahead of most babies. I think most babies don't even start crawling until 8 months, and he started that when he was 6 months :) Colin has this big red truck, and Josh uses it as a walker (of course when Colin isn't around). Genius I tell you!!
Josh LOVES Isis. Like, sickly obsessed with her. He is always going up to her and grabbing a handful of fur. I really don't know who to feel more sorry for. Isis is completely getting hassled, but poor Josh is really gonna get it from her one of these days. I try and intervene, and she's nipped him some. He seems to not really care. Oh, but he will. A bite from Isis hurts like hell. I'm not going to be able to supervise their little "partnership" 24/7. Eric and I have been able to push the ottoman to the wall and push the car seat in front of it so Isis can have a place to sleep without getting hassled by Josh. But that's not going to hold him for long. The little man is persistent!
He's finally really enjoying solid foods. I'm still feeding him every 4 hours, but I'm not nursing quite as much. Maybe every 6 or so hours. I would like to get to the point where I nurse him first thing in the morning, nurse him once during the day, then nurse him right before he goes to sleep. Of course sleeping through the night would be amazing as well, but at this point I would just like him to only get up once. Some of his favorite foods are squash, any kind of fruit mixture, and yogurt.
As far as sleeping....ugh. He goes down at 8:30pm. Lately, he unfortunately gets up about 4 times a night. It really puts a toll on me, and I'm constantly tired. The little guy has a cold right now, but when he's better I'm hoping that we decrease that number a bit.
Josh is still madly in love with Colin. His face just lights up when Colin enters the room. And anything Colin plays with? Josh wants it immediately!! The whole sharing thing is coming along. Colin now doesn't completely freak when Josh plays with his toys. He doesn't like it, but he doesn't get as upset as he used to. They are so cute when they are just rolling around on the floor together. We still play "here comes Josh" and Eric plays "flying baby Josh". We have fun....when we aren't exhausted :)
Josh is very excited about light switches. He is always reaching for them. He hasn't successfully turned one on yet, but he will.
Yesterday, Josh stood by himself...no help at all! He has such strong legs!
He has had Dada down for awhile, but he's really starting to sound out Mama. He'll get there.
I love my baby so much!! What a sweet, sweet boy. We have such a good time during the day. We went to the park the other day and he actually had a fun time in the baby swing!! It was so cute!! With all the time I spend with Josh pretty much all day, I've decided to set aside special time with Colin. So, once a week Colin and I have a special date just the two of us!!
OK, that is all for now. 9 months are just around the corner :)
No comments:
Post a Comment