Josh Journal - 6 months
How is this possible? How can I keep falling in love with this baby over and over? Well, it is happening. My little sweetie is just adorable and so happy, and I love him!
Eric and I can't tell the difference between Josh and Colin's baby pictures. At first he had brown hair, now he is becoming a blonde just like his brother. They have the same eyes, same ears, same nose, and same mouth. It's hilarious.
As of today, Eric and I have officially said he's sitting up. He'll slouch down still or fall back, so we have to be there to steady him. But he is using his stomach muscles to stay seated for a good long while before he gets tired and starts his leaning tower of baby. He is so close to crawling. His legs are definitely strong enough, but his arms aren't quite ready yet.
Something else he did today that was fun, Eric taught him how to clap. He was clapping and then Josh started doing it. Colin will have fun with this! Everything Colin does, he wants us to clap for him. Always likes an audience, I wonder if he'll like to perform like me?
He still is not a fan of eating solids. Cereal is not his favorite. Even when we use breast milk. He tolerates apple sauce a little better. He won't open his mouth, so I have to sneak it in. Eric and I have a system. He makes him smile real big, then I stick the spoon in his mouth. The smile goes away pretty quickly, it's hilarious. He doesn't turn his nose up though like he does with cereal.
Josh is still so excited when he's around Colin. He just smiles this huge smile when he is in the same room with Colin. Even if Colin isn't paying him any attention, Josh's eyes are on him! Colin loves the game "Here comes Josh". It's pretty much me taking Josh and flying him on top of Colin. They both giggle so much when I do it.
I wish Josh was on a better schedule, but every day is never the same. Josh still gets up 1-2 times a night to eat. He takes 3-4 naps a day. On a good day he'll get up around 8am, take a nap around 10, eat when he gets up, sleep again around 3, eat when he gets up, another small cat nap in the evening, we'll try and give him some solid food, I'll nurse him then he's out for the night around 10 or 11 (hopefully). He'll get up around 1am and sometimes again at 4am or 5am. If he doesn't get up for that second feeding he'll get up really early, like around 6:30 or 7 (early for me at least).
OK, more next month!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment