Tuesday, February 8, 2011

ARCHIVE - November 26, 2008

Josh Journal - 5 months

I'm mad at myself for not journaling about my baby until now. I really have no excuses, I should have been doing it.

Joshua is 5 months and 3 days today. As I look down at him in his bouncy seat, all I think of is perfection. He is a gorgeous, sweet, amazing little man whom I love more than life itself. I never thought I would love another person like I love Colin, but it certainly happened. When I was pregnant, it depressed me thinking of sharing my love. What a silly thought, but it's true. Now I have so much love for this little guy AND Colin. I look at Josh and want to give him the entire world, shield him from all the hurt, provide him with all the support he'll ever need, and love him forever ever. He makes me so happy.

His expression towards Colin is priceless. He is in awe of his big brother. His face lights up every time they are near each other. Colin is doing better with holding him, and he constantly wants to give him kisses. Tonight he actually wanted me to leave Josh in his bed so they can sleep together. Oh, what a cutie, but that ain't happening quite yet.

I'm so glad we waited until Colin was older to have Josh. Most people I know like to get their pregnancies over with bam, bam...2 kids. Ugh. Colin at 2? And a newborn at the same time? Not a good idea for lots of reasons. With Colin being 4, he understands this whole baby thing and has learned to engage with him like any big brother would do. That makes me very happy.


OK, on to specifics. At this point in time, he has rolled over from his back to his tummy. He did this on November 19th at 1am in the morning, just 4 days shy of his 5 month birthday. I was up with him late, waiting on Eric to get home from his law school happy hour. It's almost like he was waiting for his daddy to get home so he could show off. He's such a belly laugher now. Everything is just so hilarious to him. Especially daddy. Eric can really get him laughing. His first laugh was a Friday night, September 12th, when we got home from our very first dinner party with friends here in California. He was 2 and a half months old. We didn't record his first smile. It was actually right away, he was smiling when we were still in the hospital. We had to stay in the hospital for 5 days due to my C section. At this time he is still getting up once or twice a night to eat. I'm hoping that will soon dwindle down to 0 when he eats more solids. He did start to eat rice cereal last week. Tried bananas, but he's not quite ready for them yet.

All for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment